Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Friday, April 1, 2011

Soup

I love experimenting with soups. You really can't go wrong unless you put to many mushrooms in a soup that's not meant to be a mushroom soup... ick! One soup that is definitely my go to is my vegetable soup. It's so easy, healthy and flavourful! I will never have soup out of a can again, nothing beats homemade anything. Try it out.

1 1/2 cups of cabbage shredded
2 cloves of garlic diced (prob only need one but I love garlic)
1 onion finely chopped
1 green bell pepper diced
4 potatoes diced
2 med carrots finely chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 celery chopped
a couple pinches of crushed red pepper
dash of salt and pepper
Chicken or Veg Broth. I find the chicken gives it more flavour.

Just put it all in one big pot and boil. As soon as it starts boiling turn it down to simmer. I have lost the juice many of times :p. Simmer until veggies soften, 45min-1hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo