Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

I have way too many guilty pleasures/favourite things, way, way, way too many. So not to bore you with them all, I will only list a few.
  • Red wine- I love trying new wines, there is so much to learn about wine.
  • Chips (all flavours)
  • Tea- Cornelia Bean, Davids Tea
  • Petfinder- I am obsessed with looking up dogs.
  • Dirty Martinis - The dirtier the better.
  • Lush- I looooove baths
  • Starbucks
  • Books- I can spend days in Bookstores
  • Cheese- Haven't met a cheese I didn't like.
  • Ocean- I am always drawn too it. So powerful, calming and exciting.
  • Music- You hardly ever see me without my i-pod.Although I am not one of those headphone snobs, I just like to have it on hand in case there is an ipod dock I can play it on. I really appreciate all music and love being introduced to new artists.
Ok let's cut this short. I am SO excited to find a mix of my two most guiltiest pleasures combined. Ready for it????

Nutella and Cheesecake

Nutella Cheesecake!!!! Are you kidding me? Why haven't I been eating this my whole life? I just found this recipe on one of my favourite blogs Coconut and Lime and am going to have a go at making it tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out. Ohhh I'm so excited.

Here is the recipe!
 Crust:
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/8 teaspoon salt

Filling:
16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup Nutella
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 large eggs,at room temperature

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease or spray with baking spray an 8x8 inch pan. In a small bowl, add the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, oats and salt, mix thoroughly with a fork. Press into bottom of the pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten and press firmly. Bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the egg and flour, beat until smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the batter into the 8x8 inch pan. Add the Nutella into the remaining batter and mix throughly. Spread on top of the first cheesecake layer. Bake 25 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.

I was a little disappointed with the nutella cheesecake squares, maybe it's because I amped it up too much. I still love you nutella and cheesecake! 

1 comment:

  1. Starbucks, bookstores, music, nutella... If I made a list of guilty pleasures, it would include a lot of your fave things!! =) I'm happy you're back from hiatus .... Thank ya for all your blog lovin! I get such a kick out of reading yours + am so glad you are enjoying being a desperate-house-fiance in a snowy, isolated town! That is true love! =)

    ReplyDelete

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo