Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shambhala

J & I absolutely love this trail. We totally get what the Buddhists felt when they first decided to purchase this land. It's such a peaceful, gorgeous spot. If you want to read more about it check out this site. I would love to get a tour of the Gampo Abbey in Pleasant Bay one day. I think it would be pretty interesting. We hiked Kalapa Valley this past spring but we didn't go as far that time. We have yet to see the second waterfall which is supposed to quite large and stunning. We got a little bit scared off though because we had our pups with us and we saw bear barf everywhere. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if Maple saw a bear. J and I will have to go back without the pups and a couple of cans of bear spray. Although I would be just as useless with the bear spray, as I would probably squirt myself in the face in a mad panic. I'll let J be my protector. :p

Here are some pics of the valley. Yes, we are a couple of sexy fashionistas.


This place is where the head honchos come to stay. Many of them come here for their time in "darkness". This place is actually in the middle of the forest. All you hear is the sound of the river flowing the valley. It's so peaceful

View from the cabin
Some pretty bear barf

Lily is to scared to cross the stream.


Nice stache!!




1 comment:

  1. I love your yellow rain boots! I'm dying for a pair of yellow hunters! This place looks beautiful!

    -Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo