Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 9th - Jaye & Brian

My sweet little friend Jaye had been planning her wedding for the past 4 or 5 years I would say. She had a folder on her computer and of course a board on pinterest dedicated to her big day. She had all of these fabulous ideas way before she got engaged. I always took her for a gal that would have a HUGE wedding at a place like The Fort Garry Hotel. And since she had been planning this event for such a long time I thought she would need at least two years to get every detail ironed out and perfected. Well she surprised us all when she originally planned a backyard wedding for this summer. A low key affair with well over 100 guests. She then switched it to having it at a beautiful restaurant called The Gates On Roblin.

A few months ago she decided all of this stress of planning a big wedding was ridiculous. She bumped up her wedding date to March. 9th and decided on a guest list of 30. How smart is she?  She ended up getting married in the most quaint little church in the country where her husband's parents were married. So sweet! The dinner and reception were at The Gates and the ambiance in the room was mesmerizing. Seriously the pictures could never do it justice. The food was absolutely delish and for a late night snack they brought out three flavours of Kernels popcorn. It was such an beautiful evening surrounded by the people that are closest to them. Besides my own wedding of course this was my most favourite wedding. Jaye included so many adorable little touches and I just loved the intimacy of it all. So low key, so gorgeous and she pulled it all off in such a short time. So impressive. 

The night ended off with a big crew of us being driven by limo to the beautiful Fort Garry Hotel. We had a couple of night pops once we arrived ( her Grandma was even there, what a party animal!). And then in the morning we all had the renowned brunch, i never disappoints. I want to do it all again!!!

So I am totally kicking myself because me being my forgetful self I am, forgot something I NEVER go without on a very special weekend... MY CAMERA! Ugh so annoying. I borrowed my moms camera but she doesn't know where her cord is for me to download the pictures. Luckily Jaye's photographer Monica Baldwin captured some amazing shots for me to share.


Jaye and Brian live in his Grandparents old home. They did all of their photo's around the property. I shed a little tear when I looked over at Brian's Grandmother sitting in the corner of her old home. It would be such a beautiful sight watching your grandson "start his life" in your old home.
The gorgeous couple.

I love this picture so much


Like I said the picture just doesn't do this room justice!

And a couple of my iPhone photo's...


Jaye labelled everyone's name in gold on a wine glass and had her Thank You cards waiting for you at your seat. 

Jaye is a O.R Nurse so very fittingly the game to get the Bride & Groom to kiss was Operation with a twist. If you couldn't successfully take out a body part you had to kiss that body part on your partner. If you did take out the body part Jaye and Brian would kiss. The most hilarious one was Jaye's brother in law. He had to kiss his wife's (Jaye's sis) foot. So fun


Jaye's friend Chelsea and her husband Eric made such a beautiful slide show for the bride & groom





















When we got to the hotel the clerk gave us a bag filled with goodies that Jaye had made up for her guests. It included a water bottle which was customized, it thanked us for being a part of their day and the ingredients were too cute. Chocolates, Aspirin and some nuts. So thoughtful and sweet!

Thanks again to Jaye & Brian for including us in such an important, memorable and beautiful event!

& CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaawwww beautiful photos. Seems like everyone had a great time and are so in love with each other! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo